Please answer the following questions after having watched the “Genius of Mozart” documentary. Your answers should include thoughtful arguments and evidence from the video.
- Describe Mozart’s childhood as a child prodigy.
- Describe the influence Leopold Mozart had on his son. How does this affect Mozart, for the better or for worse, during his entire life?
- Did Mozart’s natural talent mean that his genius would flourish no matter what the conditions? Or did his relatively privileged social position and his father’s intense tutelage pave the way for his artistic growth?
- After learning about Mozart’s early life, should young prodigies be pushed to develop their talents at an early age? Why or why not?
- After watching the narrator’s descriptions of Mozart’s music or seeing “Mozart” passionately write his music and talk about it, including his personal struggles, does it help you understand and hear his music differently?
- Why do you think Mozart’s music still popular today even though it was written in the late 1700’s?